64-bit Lion Client or Server (OS X 10.7+)
- High performance SMTP mail server
- Enterprise IMAP server that uses Maildirs
- Integrated content scanning (ClamAV and SpamAssassin)
- SMTP Authentication from MySQL
- Supports from few to thousands of email accounts
- POP3 support
- Unlimited Virtual Domains
- Web-based administration (demo)
- Control panel type access on a per user, per domain or administrator basis
- Each user is able to manage his/her account without relying on ISP/Company support
- Per User/Account Quota
- All account info stored in MySQL (No system user required)
- Support for Web-based e-mail (Squirrell Mail or
- Full mailing list server support (Mailman)
- Discussion board
1. Download and install the following Intel Snow Leopard based packages:
2. Login to terminal as root to install PEAR and a PEAR module called DB:
$ curl http://pear.php.net/go-pear.phar > go-pear.phar
$ php -q go-pear.pharcontinue with install process. When finished add the following line to your php.ini file'1. Installation base ($prefix) : /usr/local'include_path = ".:/usr/local/share/pear"
$ pear install DB
ecm3Admin should be in your home (root) directory unpacked: Set up MySql database via terminal:
mysql -u root -p
mysql> CREATE database ecm3;
mysql> use ecm3;
mysql> \. /private/var/root/ecm3Admin/ecm3.sql
After you finished with mysql installation, move the "ecm3Admin" folder to wherever you serve files via apache.
4. Configuration files
EXIM: Open exim "configure" file and edit the top part of "Main configuration Setting":
open -e /usr/local/exim/configure
Fill in username and password, server ip number and your primary hostname:SERVER_IP = 0.0.0.0 primary_hostname = example.com hide mysql_servers = localhost::(/var/mysql/mysql.sock)/ecm3/username/password
COURIER (Authlib): Open courier "authmysqlrc" file to edit the following lines near the top:
open -e /usr/local/courier-authlib/etc/authlib/authmysqlrcMYSQL_USERNAME username MYSQL_PASSWORD password
SPAMASSASSIN: Open SA's "local.cf" file and edit with appropriate values:
open -e /private/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cfMYSQL_USERNAME MYSQL_PASSWORD
ECM3ADMIN: Open "config.inc.phpf" file and enter database username/password:
open -e /Library/WebServer/ecm3Admin/config/config.inc.phpMYSQL_USERNAME MYSQL_PASSWORD
6. Fixing logging for courier
Apple's mail.log needs to be fixed in order to show courier logging. Login as root to your terminal and open syslog.conf file.
open -e /private/etc/syslog.conf
Replace 'crit' with '*' after mail. mail.* /var/log/mail.log
After you finished with the installation you can log in via web browser at http://yourdomain.com/ecm3Admin.
Inital username/password will be username: siteadmin and password: change in order to gain access as an administrator to set up admins and domains.
When ECM3 is installed and correctly functioning, it sends a new email to the postmaster and/or users upon creation of their accounts. The initial email can be customized within the config file (config.inc.php) for ecm3Admin.