- High performance SMTP mail server
- Enterprise IMAP server that uses Maildirs
- Integrated content scanning (ClamAV and SpamAssassin)
- SMTP Authentication from MySQL
- Supports from few to hundreds of thousands of mail accounts
- POP3 support
- Unlimited Virtual Domains
- Web-based administration (demo)
- Control panel type access on a per user, per domain or administrator basis
- Each user is able to manage his/her account without relying on ISP/Company support
- Per User/Account Quota
- All account info stored in MySQL (No system user required)
- Support for Web-based e-mail (Squirrell Mail or SqWebMail)
- Full mailing list server support (Mailman)
- Discussion board
Download and install Xcode 3.2.6 or better.
Install the newest 64-bit 10.6 version of MySql (current version - 5.5.15) as per instruction.
1. Download and install the following Intel Snow Leopard based packages:
2. Login to terminal as root to install PEAR and a PEAR module called DB:
curl http://pear.php.net/go-pear.phar > go-pear.phar
php -q go-pear.phar
During PEAR installation you can type in the name of the directory where you want PEAR installed. Alter the location for prefix and binaries as follows:
'1. Installation base ($prefix) : /usr/local
Towards the end of the installation process confirm "Y" to add an include_path to your php.ini file.
Would you like to alter php.ini </private/etc/php.ini>? [Y/n] : y
Which will add the following to php.ini.
Continue to install PEAR DB
pear install DB
3. Installing perl module required by SpamAssassin
ecm2Admin should be in your home (root) directory unpacked:
Set up MySql database via terminal:
mysql -u root -p
mysql> CREATE database ecm2_db;
mysql> use ecm2_db;
mysql> \. /private/var/root/ecm2Admin/ecm2_db.sql
After you finished with mysql installation, move the "ecm2Admin" folder to wherever you serve files via apache.
5. Configuration files
EXIM: Open exim "configure" file and edit the top part of "Main configuration Setting":
open -e /usr/local/exim/configure
Fill in username and password, server ip number and your primary hostname:
SERVER_IP = 0.0.0.0
primary_hostname = example.com
hide mysql_servers =
COURIER (Authlib): Open courier "authmysqlrc" file to edit the following lines near the top:
open -e /usr/local/courier-authlib/etc/authlib/authmysqlrc
SPAMASSASSIN: Open SA's "local.cf" file and edit with appropriate values:
open -e /usr/local/spamassassin/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
ECM2ADMIN: Open "config.inc.phpf" file and enter database username/password:
open -e /Library/WebServer/ecm2Admin/config/config.inc.php
6. Fixing logging for courier
Apple's mail.log needs to be fixed in order to show courier logging. Login as root to your terminal and open syslog.conf file.
open -e /private/etc/syslog.conf
Replace 'crit' with '*' after mail.
After you finished with the installation you can log in via web browser at http://yourdomain.com/ecm2Admin.
Inital username/password will be username: siteadmin and password: change in order to gain access as an administrator to set up admins and domains.
When ECM2 is installed and correctly functioning, it sends a new email to the postmaster and/or users upon creation of their accounts. The initial email can be customized within the config file (config.inc.php) for ecm2Admin.